• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

RTS games to avoid playing?

spongebob

Gets mad then gets over it
I know that individual differences and preferences differ from game to game which is probably as a result of their experience with that particular game.

If there are RTS games which you think that should be avoided at all cost for one reason or another, please mention them and give reason why one shouldn't waste time trying to play the game.

I’d advise you to avoid the 'Act of War' at all costs. I know some people might disagree with me on this but I have my reason for saying that. I found the gameplay to be clunky and the graphics are so outdated even for its time.

Please avoid Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends. Initially I was so excited about the fantasy twist, but the game ended being a mess. The factions were just unbalanced, the campaign was too short and the multiplayer was buggy.

Please avoid Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends. Initially I was so excited about the fantasy twist, but the game ended being a mess. The factions were just unbalanced, the campaign was too short and the multiplayer was buggy.
I'm well aware about so many technical problems the game had at its launch. This completely discouraged gamers. Also, they shifted to a fantasy setting which is different from the grounded historical themes of its predecessor Rise of Nations.

Cossacks 3 is what I'll tell you to avoid. I know that some of the fans might disagree with me but I found the game to be a step backward from Cossacks 2. The AI was so predictable.

Cossacks 3 is what I'll tell you to avoid. I know that some of the fans might disagree with me but I found the game to be a step backward from Cossacks 2. The AI was so predictable.
I know about Cossacks 3. The game was considered underwhelming due to its technical issues, outdated mechanics, and lack of modernization in it. I only played the first release of the game.

I played Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends with my friend one time and it was not really good. I can attest to the game not being good enough at all.

Back