• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Playstation or Xbox?

Heatman

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
Playstation and Xbox is the biggest gaming console in the market. Playstation 5 is the latest on Sony's brand while Xbox Series X is the latest on Microsoft's brand.

Which one have always been your favorite when it comes to playing on gaming console?

It took a long time for me to even see any Xbox series. It has always been PlayStation, starting from PS 2. When I eventually played an Xbox game, in My opinion it did not come close to PS in any way.

I have a series S but I've only played a handful of times. I'm a dedicated PC Gamer.

If I had to choose between the 2 I would be PlayStation. Xbox has become a monopoly with the purchase of Activation/Blizzard If I have to lose COD to the Green Goblin I will. I'm sure Sony will come out with something a lot better.

As a kid I was on team Playstation, I only knew a few people who had an original Xbox and I did think it was cool. It was definitely ahead of it's time and technically speaking it was much better than the Gamecube as well as the PS2. You could listen to your own music while playing video games which I thought was the coolest thing, plus you could easily mod the console to run emulators of old game consoles. When the 360 came out I got that instead of a PS3, because at the time Sony was moving away from backwards compatibility which was a dumb move IMO. However, Microsoft decided to make the 360 backwards compatible with pretty much most original Xbox games so I was sold. (Plus to be honest all the PS3 consoles were sold out where I live at the time I had the money for the console. :V) I waited to get a Xbox One though when it came out since you had to be online to play games, which quickly became a bad move by Microsoft so I went with getting the PS4 instead. Now with this current generation I went with the PS5 since the Xbox Series X didn't have any exclusives and I could just play most games on my Xbox One that were released for the Xbox Series X. I like both but throughout the years I went from loving Playstation more, to loving Xbox more to eventually just sticking with Playstation but I do want to get a Series X at some point for sure though!

Growing up, we had kids that would rather play PlayStation games than go closer to Xbox consoles. The game houses are also filled with PlayStation consoles. So, even when you have got a choice, it was limited to what you have access to. So, it was not easy working around liking Xbox consoles, and that was how my preference for PlayStation consoles began.

It took a long time for me to even see any Xbox series. It has always been PlayStation, starting from PS 2. When I eventually played an Xbox game, in My opinion it did not come close to PS in any way.
An Xbox lover will also say the same thing about Xbox Series X being far more better than Playstation consoles. This is why most of the time, I don't really fancy getting into gaming console wars arguments. To each and their own, so there will be peace.

Back