• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

PC GamesN PCGamesn - Best RTS games on PC 2024

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
What are the best RTS games? Few things are as satisfying as building up an immense army and simply washing over your foes like a river over stones, erasing their existence as effortlessly as a click. As one of the classic PC genres, real-time strategy Starcraft and Age of Empires largely define the genre and are some of the best PC games out there, but indie games like Northgard and Driftland have shown plenty of other voices can be heard. The rise of MOBAs has challenged the RTS scene significantly over the past decade, but this hasn’t stopped some worthy games from rising to the top ranks to earn their place in the Hall of Fame. Here’s our take on the best RTS games on PC.

Driftland: The Magic Revival is a new face on the list. I have not heard much about it, I had to look it up. Turns out it was released in 2019.
In the game, players are a mage whose realm is on one of many shattered pieces of the world floating around, and they must develop their base and expand onto other ones by connecting them.

Back