• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Is multiplayer necessary to enjoy RTS games?

eLdavis

Gets mad then gets over it
Someone once told me RTS games are fun when you are playing with others, in other words if it isn't a multiplayer game it can never be fun. Personally I don't really believe this because I have never been the type who frequently play with others, majority of the times I prefer playing alone, especially if I am still new to the system. Is multiplayer really necessary to enjoy RTS games?

There are a couple of rts games that you can play alone and enjoy it better. Games such as Company of Heros 3 (2023), Crusader Kings III (2020), Rise of Nations (2013), and Frostpunk (2018). What makes them unique for solo playing is because they have customizable difficulties that enable you to adjust the difficulty as you wish.

Back