• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Is Boba Fett a Mandalorian?

Dismal_Bliss

All warfare is based on deception
Website
carnivoretalk.com
I just had this thought and subequent question come to me as I was perusing this fine community here and musing about Star Wars. Boba Fett wears the same armore as the Mandalorian. Does that make him one?

I did have to look it up and I guess I will get my answer when I get around to watching season 2 of The Mandalorian. But in the meantime, how do you reason?

To be a true mandalorian is not like being a "true" scotsman: it is something you are raised into, learn to act like, and ultimately just be. It's not a matter of bloodline, and it's a little fuzzy on purpose.

In this scenario from the lore I know of, Boba is second generation (with Jango taking this particular clone as his son) adopted Mandalorian. He was trained by a pure Mandalorian in his early youth and pursued a traditionally mandalorian life, and so I would say he has the heritage and right to don the armor. How well he upholds this legacy is, well, probably about as good as any other mando who's wandered the galaxy, though I'm sure there are other Mandalorians who are more conventionally accurate and perhaps more trained in the 'core' mandalorian ways.

Back