• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Importance of online communities and forums for RTS gamers

eLdavis

Gets mad then gets over it
I have come across a lot of online gaming communities and forum, but this is the first forum I have ever seen dedicated to RTS games. The few days I have spent on the forum has actually reawakened my interest in RTS games. That by the side, one of the importance of having communities or forums for RTS gamers is that it creates a ground for players to connect with other players, form teams, and even build friendships.

Online communities, as long as there is respect, are a great way of getting a lot of gamers to focus and learn how to play the games that they set out to play. I have been in situations where it was the online communities that helped me develop into becoming a better player. So, as long as there is mutual respect, I am good.

RTS gamers depend heavily on online communities and forums to communicate with other players, share ideas, and offer advice. They are especially beneficial for navigating difficult RTS games and helping beginners and experienced RTS gamers develop their skills. In addition, these platforms build long-term friendships between people who have a common passion or interest. Communities and forums can be a source of news as well. You will be able to find upcoming events wherein you can join, for instance, tournaments.

As long as those online communities are not toxic, it's going to be a great place for RTS gamers to come and get help from time to time. I know quite a good number of them which are good and the one's I'll never waste my time.

1. Sharing knowledge, Tips & Tricks.
2. Most RTS games are P2P, especially old ones. If you want to play with other players, you better have some friends of same or nearby timezone or You need to find people online to play with! And communities is the place where you find people!

1. Sharing knowledge, Tips & Tricks.
2. Most RTS games are P2P, especially old ones. If you want to play with other players, you better have some friends of same or nearby timezone or You need to find people online to play with! And communities is the place where you find people!
Those RTS gaming communities are like a resource management center for you to get what's going to help you with your playing. It's more difficult playing without getting some assistance from the game's communities.

Back