• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

How often do you have failed attack?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
There's no guarantee that all your attack when playing Supreme Commander will be successful. If you don't set up with a good attack strategies to counter your enemy's defense, you will end up suffering significant losses which can set you back so much.

What’s the best way to avoid failed attacks and recover from a failed attack if you have one?

I agree with you that! Having a good attack strategy is also very crucial as it’ll help to avoid failed attacks. I found out that the best way to minimize losses is to actually scout ahead and make defence to stop the enemies before you launch a full-scale attack.

I am yet to play Supreme Commander, but I can apply this to other games I play. When I am playing for the first times I surely have failed attacks a lot. But as time goes on and I play regularly I record less failures. What I do is to always learn from every failure I had.

I am yet to play Supreme Commander, but I can apply this to other games I play. When I am playing for the first times I surely have failed attacks a lot. But as time goes on and I play regularly I record less failures. What I do is to always learn from every failure I had.
I think another way to prevent failed attacks is to diversify your attack forces and you shouldn't put all your resources into one push. So, if you suffer a setback, what you need do is to regroup and focuse on your defense before counter attacking. This can really help to turn the tide of battle.

Back