• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

How has gaming hardware help RTS games?

Noobslayer

All warfare is based on deception
Gamers can now enjoy playing more RTS games as a result of improvements in gaming devices. With most gaming devices having faster processors and improved graphics, I believe that it has helped influence RTS gaming experience. If you play Real time strategy games, do you agree with me that it is certainly the case?

Isn't it the reason why I choose to play RTS games only on PC? I know some gamers doesn't mind playing on their smartphone because there are some good mobile RTS games but PC gives me the best performance output with the game.

I have always been a fan of good graphics. These days modern hardwares comes with higher resolutions and refresh rates. This has helped players enjoy clearer and more fluid visuals.

Isn't it the reason why I choose to play RTS games only on PC? I know some gamers doesn't mind playing on their smartphone because there are some good mobile RTS games but PC gives me the best performance output with the game.

Playing RTS on mobile comes with a whole lot of limitations. I mean a couple of things that you won't be able to do. Trust me, the difference is always clear with playing on mobile than playing on a console or a PC. The satisfaction you can get is wide apart.

I make use of some hardware peripherals when I am playing to enhance my gaming experience. For example I use the headset which has a rich audio as a listening device. It’s as if I am in the game myself.

Back