• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

How good are you in management of resources in RTS games

The General

All warfare is based on deception
Management of resources is one of the key strategies you have to learn when playing any RTS games. If you don't know how to manage resources very well, you will find it very difficult to do better in the other department of the game.

Do you manage resources effectively in RTS games?

I guess I'm pretty skilled at resource management in RTS games. I focus on balancing, gathering, expanding, and spending efficiently, which helps me to keep my economy strong. Generally speaking, I never run out of crucial resources during key moments.

Before I started playing RTS games at all, I knew that it is majorly about management skills. Even though I made some mistakes in the beginning, it was all for the valuable lessons.

I'm not really that good at it. So far my solution to resource management problems has been to acquire more resources.

Admittedly I'm not really that good at managing resources in real life, so having to manage resources in a game is a helpful learning tool. At least when I make another atrocious in-game blunder of upgrading the wrong thing at the wrong time, again, I don't have as much dire consequences as failing to allocate my limited time and money into some particular thing that I forgot about to avoid another crisis irl. I'm better at military strategy than resource management and timing of upgrades. I'll figure it out.

I guess I'm pretty skilled at resource management in RTS games. I focus on balancing, gathering, expanding, and spending efficiently, which helps me to keep my economy strong. Generally speaking, I never run out of crucial resources during key moments.

If you are able to balance and spend your resources efficiently in RTS games, then you are part of those who are really improving their games. I have found such move to be really helpful especially when you get to the more challenging part of the game.

I am now learning and familiarizing myself with the specifics of resource management in a real-time strategy game. To be honest, I am new to the world of real-time strategy games. While I played them in my younger years, I did not pay much attention to the resource management part, so I still consider myself an amateur in this field. However, I know the crucial role of efficient resource management in RTS games. It is indispensable for both achievement and pleasure in your gaming experience. A thorough understanding of resource management is required for building structures, creating units, and other in-game aspects.

If am being honest, I would say am very poor at this. As a beginner when it comes to RTS games, I still have so much I need to learn and understand. There are still some areas I find rather confusing.

What I often do with resource management in RTS games is to always figure out key resources that I would need. After that, I gauge the present and the future needs for such resources. When I am able to have that balance, I strategically explore ways to gather and when to use such resources.

Back