• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Historical vs fantasy RTS games

eLdavis

Gets mad then gets over it
Between historical RTS games and fantasy RTS games which is better or which one do you prefer? Personally I think fantasy RTS games are awesome, since we have themes like mystical creatures, wizards and all sort of magic.

In my case, I enjoy both historical and fantasy genres. I am interested in both genres because each offers a special gameplay and experience. When I was a student, I enjoyed studying history and watching fantasy movies. When it comes to historical RTS games, I enjoy Age of Empires. Meanwhile, when it comes to fantasy RTS games, I enjoy Warcraft. I was not able to complete these games, though, since I had to work on my strategic and decision-making skills. LOL

Between historical RTS games and fantasy RTS games which is better or which one do you prefer? Personally I think fantasy RTS games are awesome, since we have themes like mystical creatures, wizards and all sort of magic.

Fantasy RTS games are good, no doubt, but playing historical based rts games helps me to understand more about historical events. That has helped me widen my knowledge on the game and it has really helped me so far.

I prefer fantasy RTS games. There is something very special about the limitless possibilities that I have to enjoy in the fantassy RTS games. From exploring the magical worlds to the legendary heroes. I mean, the Fantasy settings allow for more freedom to be so creative.

The Historical RTS games are my kind of games. I enjoy the authenticity and realism that comes with the game. You get to recreate historical events and battles which I can't get in other games. I like it more due to the historical accuracy as it adds a layer of excitement to the gameplay.

Why pick one when i can have both. They both have their own charm. I get to experience realism in the Historical RTS games and the fantasy RTS games offer me a world of magic. So, I love both worlds.

Back