• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Have you ever abandoned any RTS game halfway?

Kane

All warfare is based on deception
Maybe when you started playing the game you realized that you are not really feeling it the way you thought. Or maybe due to your busy schedule you find it hard to make out playing time. It has happened to me on a few games, but not RTS.

Have you ever started a game but abandoned it?

I wouldn't call it abandoned but taking a break from playing the RTS game. I will definitely going to get back into playing the game very soon. Iron Harvest was the RTS game I left out for a while. I'll see it off soon.

Yes, I have previously played some RTS games that I abandoned midway through. The reason is because I find them challenging to play. As I said in my previous posts here, I am new to RTS games and not a pro. My problem-solving and decision-making skills are not very good. In addition, I became busy with work and other personal issues. I will give them a chance later, when I have more time and energy. Maybe in the Holidays, I might play them again. Hehe

Well, this happens to me frequently. I am enjoying the game and then some assignments come along the way that needs to be done immediately, and I have no choice but to abandon the game half way and work on the assignment.

Sure! I can relate to that so well. I remembered playing an RTS game with high hopes but I ended up losing interest halfway. This is because the gameplay becomes too repetitive. I've also left some couple of game halfway because life gets busy, and that time i struggle to find the time to continue playing.

It's completely normal to abandon a game. It has happened to me multiple times. I even lose count right now. I abandoned some out of frustration of the difficulty level in the game. So, I don't force myself to finish a game that I no longer enjoy.

Yes, They are Billions is a prime example. A friend told me about the game around 2018 and I tried it out. It seemed enjoyable at first but I began losing interest because the game is kinda repetitive. Building and defending against zombies, end. I felt that the game didn't pack the amount of strategy and critical thinking that you would expect from a RTS game. Eventually lost interest halfway and ditched the game! 😑

There is no need to force myself to finish a game because if I abandoned a game, it doesn't mean I've failed or wasted my time. Sometimes, it's a way to recognize my own preferences and priorities.

I have never abandoned any RTS game halfway. I think most players always abandon RTS games primarily because of technical issues. I have never faced such that is enough to abandon any RTS title that I have started. Maybe it is because I go for renowned RTS titles.

I have on a few occasions abandoned RTS games that I lost interest in or found that I couldn't stay focused on in the past and I have also taken a break from RTS games in the past too.

I always find that unless a game interests me from the beginning or within say an hour of playing, I tend to walk away from it.

Yes, I have left some RTS games halfway because I stopped liking them or I became interested in other RTS video games or other genres, you don't always have time for everything, and if you find something you like more you simply switch to said video game.

Back