• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Greatest Lightsaber Battle in Star Wars

John

Ready for deployment
What does everyone think is the best lightsaber fight in Star Wars? To me, there is really no competition. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jinn vs Darth Maul is the best lightsaber fight of all time. Seeing the double bladed lightsaber, along with seeing truly modern CGI in a lightsaber fight is a moment that I'll never be able to forget, especially on the big screen. What about you guys, what's one that you'll never be able to forget?

There've been some strong ones and this one (a fan work) ranks very high. Generally I'm sold with the emotional beats of the second and third films. But I have to admit that first prequel duel you mention stands out to me out of any of them. Both in the moment a long time ago and looking again now, there's nothing quite like it.

There are so many great lightsaber battles that it’s hard to pick one. But if I did have to, it would be Phantom Menace's "Duel of the Fates. Naturally, there are three soldiers engaged in combat, but Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan work together to vanquish Darth Maul. A truly good battle!

Back