• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

RTS HQ Good Trouble Games: Revolutionizing the RTS Genre

Articles from our main page.

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net

The reason I enjoy real-time strategy games so much is their combination of complex mechanics, occasionally intense micro-management, and the deep strategic thinking required to outmanoeuvre opponents. Success in the RTS genre requires multi-tasking, situational awareness and critical thinking. When you think of real-time strategy you don’t immediately think of accessibility. Good Trouble aims to break this mold by developing a game that offers strategic depth and unexpected twists while remaining easy to pick up. The studio’s commitment to a thoughtful UX design ensures that the game will be approachable for both seasoned RTS players and newcomers alike. According to Nobari, the goal is to create a game that emphasizes clever strategy, unique base-building, and multiple ways to win, all wrapped in a user-friendly package.

Making games for people who struggle with traditional user interface design is a noble cause. I'll be interested to see if it can be commercially viable or if it's just gonna be a gimmick.

I don't think it's a gimmick. Good Trouble Games have raised $1.8m in investments for this game. Business tends not to invest unless they think they will get a return.

Back