• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Evolution of special effects in Star Wars

Debashis

Ready for deployment
How do you feel about the evolution of special effects in the Star Wars saga, from the original trilogy to the latest releases?
Share your views here.

The OT and PT pushed their limits. A great part of what made SW sell in the first place was spectacle. The effects in the PT have had their criticism particularly reliance on somewhat early CGI, but I tend to think it pushed the bounds as well and I appreciate it especially with what it did well. Latest SW is a good spectacle but does not push boundaries really, not that it has much room to after the ST since the main media is shows which tend to be on a tighter budget anyway from what I know.

It can be rather jarring to watch chronologically but I have a strong of selective sense of dissonance so the main part that should bug me, duels, does not really.

Back