• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Do you think AI will improve or worsen RTS?

riberet19

All warfare is based on deception
AI is here to stay, and sooner or later it will get involved in video game development if it is not already involved, so in the future, do you think it will do the RTS genre good or will it make it worse?

I think that AI could improve combat and give more spontaneity to RTS video games, what do you think?

I love AI and I like how it is improving our gaming experience. Use of AI is making RTS games more challenging and when the game becomes challenging, the real fun begins. AI is making game more advance.

If properly put in, I could see it really helping out with random combat and enemy movement. But AI really isn't there yet.

I believe AI would be a major upgrade when it comes to RTS gaming, though like they say too much of everything is bad. While AI would bring RTS gaming to the next level, there needs to be a balance on how much influence artificial intelligence has on gameplay.

If properly put in, I could see it really helping out with random combat and enemy movement. But AI really isn't there yet.

Ai still have a lot of improvements to run before I can say that they are there yet. The machine language may end up taking the emotional side of playing rts games away, and that is an aspect that developers are looking at ensuring that it doesn't happen at all.

Back