• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Do you see Star Wars continuing for years to come?

Shortie

Ready for deployment
Website
www.wwehub.net
Star Wars is a franchise that has been going on for many years, I remember as a kid having friends who were huge fans of Star Wars and even now, it is still as popular as it always has been.

How long do you see Star Wars continuing? Do you see it still being as popular as it is now in years to come?

As it is now? Maybe not unless something new really hits it off. But we're beyond it becoming a cultural classic. I can't imagine it will be forgotten for as long as society exists and even if Disney drops the ball completely there will be fans and fan works for years to come.

Its been around longer than me and I have a feeling it will be around long after I have shuffled off this mortal coil. To quote myself:

The Star Wars universe is vast. The galaxy had a diameter of 120,000 light-years, over 400 billion stars, more than 3.2 billion habitable star systems. In terms of time the Old Republic was formed roughly twenty-five thousand years before the Battle of Yavin (BBY). This is a galaxy of possiblities.

Depends, I gotta be honest and say I am not a big fan of the later SW stuff, the earlier stuff was great. Seems to me a lot of the later stuff has become more preachy with really poor story lines.. dont get me started... if they continue on this route then its only a matter of time until the kill the franchise - its already half dead.

The story seems quite inexhaustible. Anyone agree? I mean, you can just keep making stories, on and on, from different things.

As it is now? Maybe not unless something new really hits it off. But we're beyond it becoming a cultural classic. I can't imagine it will be forgotten for as long as society exists and even if Disney drops the ball completely there will be fans and fan works for years to come.

I am a fan of Star Wars that is excited to see it continue to be around for years to come. I have enjoyed playing the game and my cousin is already keen and wants to stay part of it. So, the fans are growing in numbers and that is a big factor for the game to be around for long.

Back