• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Do you prefer to play RTS games alone or with a companion?

Maria

All warfare is based on deception
As someone who is an introvert, I find peace in my own company. This preference extends to my gaming habits, particularly when it comes to playing real-time strategy games. The solitary experience of handling the challenges within an RTS game is fulfilling to me. I like the opportunity to test and improve my strategic skills while maintaining an unwavering focus, unobstructed by the need to coordinate with others. This individualistic strategy not only allows me to fully immerse myself in the game but also offers a sense of personal accomplishment. How about you? Do you share my preference for playing RTS games alone, or do you find enjoyment in the company of others while gaming?

One of the advantages of playing RTS games is that you can benefit from communicating with your team mate while playing and this is what you don't get when you play RTS games alone. However, playing alone can give you an opportunity to focus fully especially when you are the type of gamers who likes playing alone.

I totally understand where you're coming from, but for me, I prefer playing RTS games with my friends. I noticed that it's more fun to share strategies and work together with my team.

Have you ever tried playing multiplayer with others? If you don’t want to do physical you can try out online. You might have a change of heart. I used to have the same opinion to, but I so much enjoy multiplayer games now.

Have you ever tried playing multiplayer with others? If you don’t want to do physical you can try out online. You might have a change of heart. I used to have the same opinion to, but I so much enjoy multiplayer games now.
Personally, multiplayer mode of playing RTS games is my favourite. It's the best way I have enjoyed playing most of the RTS games I'm into playing now.

I would love to play with others, I believe it would be a lot more fun, but for now am going to stick with playing alone. Am still trying to get used to the whole gameplay, and how everything works.

I would love to play with others, I believe it would be a lot more fun, but for now am going to stick with playing alone. Am still trying to get used to the whole gameplay, and how everything works.
It can get boring when playing video games all by yourself. It's why whenever there's an option for me to play in multilayer mode of RTS games, I take that chance immediately because I know how fun it is to play so.

@Noobslayer
Yes, that is correct. You can play the multiplayer mode. In this mode, you can get to play with others. It can help form
lasting friendships later. As an introvert, I prefer to play alone. I can focus more on the game as I easily get distracted playing with others. Hehe

@Noobslayer
Yes, that is correct. You can play the multiplayer mode. In this mode, you can get to play with others. It can help form
lasting friendships later. As an introvert, I prefer to play alone. I can focus more on the game as I easily get distracted playing with others. Hehe

It is just a choice. Playing alone gives you that opportunity to focus more on playing the game and since you said that you are an introvert, I totally understood the angle that you are coming from.

Nah, multiplayer games are quite not for me because of pay-to-win and other things. I like to play onile at times, but not RTS; it is for my alone time, even though I don't know much about them, but fun still.

Single-player campaigns often have rich storylines and varied missions, therefore, I can get immersive experience while playing along. If you are someone like me who likes to focus on strategy without external pressure, solo playing can be good. Playing alone is a great way to get into the game's mechanics, learn different strategies, and perfect your gameplay at your own pace.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I noticed that I so much enjoy playing most of the RTS games alone. It makes me focus solely on my strategy without any kind of distractions. The sense of personal accomplishment I get when I overcome challenges on my own is so fulfilling too.

I'm so satisfyed when I'm fully immersed in the game. I like to play alone because of the level of concentration that I can't really achieve with a companion. That being said, I don't totally disregard playing with friend because it can also be a great experience especially if you are playing with the like minded individuals.

For me, it's more enjoyable when I play with my friends. The advantage is- it can enhance your strategic skills and also lead to having new insights on the game. I still explore mix of both solo and co-op play as it helps me get the most out of the RTS experience.

Nah, multiplayer games are quite not for me because of pay-to-win and other things. I like to play onile at times, but not RTS; it is for my alone time, even though I don't know much about them, but fun still.
Are you trying to say that all multilayers games are pay to win? This is like saying that even Fortnite is a pay to win game which is completely not true. I don't know which RTS games that are pay to win either.

I have no issues with doing both. If my friend is around, we can play the multiplayer version of the rts game that I want to play, and if he is not, I can play alone. It is all about making a choice about it.

I personally do best in RTS games when I am fully immersed into the game. And playing alone gives me that immersion. I love to be in control of my strategies and tactics without anyone interfering me. I get that benefit when playing RTS games solo. There are benefits to playing with another player but the benefits of playing solo outweighs it all for me.

I like to be focused on RTS games, it is not a genre of video games in which I honestly like to play in company, at most competitively against another person, but always alone and quite focused on the video game.

I don't mind playing either on my own or with friends but I will admit, playing with friends is a lot more fun and it also allows you to share strategies.

I have found playing with friends, I have learned more about the RTS games I play than I would have known had I always played on my own.

Are you trying to say that all multilayers games are pay to win? This is like saying that even Fortnite is a pay to win game which is completely not true. I don't know which RTS games that are pay to win either.
Generally, yes, multiplayer games are pay-to-win. On free RTS games, you can buy currency , which makes things a lot easier of course you can win without paying but it would take much longer just buy a game

I prefer to play alone almost always, although I have played with company, I think this type of video game is more enjoyable to play alone since you need a high level of concentration to be able to think about your strategies and movements.

Back