• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Do you play classic titles or latest releases?

Battlemind

Gets mad then gets over it
I am particularly interested in playing classic RTS titles, however, I also sometimes play latest releases. What are your preference, classic titles or latest releases? Most of the people I know who play RTS games are mostly playing classic titles. I do not know about others but for me very few new releases can actually match the quality of classic RTS games.

Personally, I don't have any problems with playing either classic RTS games or the latest releases. All of them are good especially when you pick out a good one to play. The classic RTS games paved way for what we have today with latest releases.

I do not have a specific liking for real-time strategy games. I like both classic and new releases for different reasons. Classic RTS games are special since they evoke fond childhood memories. I even have a gaming console that contains some of the best old games from the 1990s, which allows me to relive those great memories. These classic games' simplicity transcends time, and they never fail to bring me so much happiness. On the other hand, new RTS games are more innovative, making them engaging and enjoyable for all players. These games' improved graphics, creative gameplay mechanics, and advanced technology raise the fun and excitement to new heights.

I prefer a little bit of both. I like the classics because it reminds me of my childhood and some fun memories, I prefer a few latest ones simply because I the graphics and gameplay. Though I have very little experience with RTS games.

I am particularly interested in playing classic RTS titles, however, I also sometimes play latest releases. What are your preference, classic titles or latest releases? Most of the people I know who play RTS games are mostly playing classic titles. I do not know about others but for me very few new releases can actually match the quality of classic RTS games.
You should check out our sister site:

I tend to play more classic titles, like Age of Empires, Warcraft games, Starcraft and Imperivm, but I don't mind occasionally trying new titles and seeing if they are to my liking.

Back