• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Do you like using subtitles?

Heatman

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
How do you feel about making use of subtitles to watch movies or TV shows? Do you find it very helpful to get you focused on the conversation or is it something that gets you distracted when you're trying to read it along watching the movies or TV shows?

I don't mind using subtitles myself, whenever I watch something with my spouse they have to have them on so it doesn't bother me. When I was a kid, I used to have them on all the time especially when I would watch Teen Titans.

I tend to have them on if watching late at night and I can't use the surround sound as it seems that Hollywood loves to not sample audio for us plebs. Action scenes are loud (as they should be :D ) but, the voice tracks are at such a low level, that you need subtitles to understand what the actors are saying.

Still remember watching The Batman and its the scene in which the batmobile first revs into the scene. It was gloriously loud but everything else, especially spoken dialog was the opposite.

Being an Anime watcher I prefer dubbed versions of the series I have a vision issue that keeps me from trying to watch subtitles and the movie or TV series. so I don't do subtitles. unless the show requires them.

I have to wat ch shows with subtitles. I'm constantly multitasking and I can read so much faster than wait for the characters to speak, and sometimes at night or when the speaking is low, I don't always clearly hear them, so subtitles are really useful.

Back