• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Do you like to install mods and patches for your RTS games?

King Belieal

Ready for deployment
Mods and patches for games help us to add new features to games. And the RTS genre has lots of patches for different RTS titles. However, there are some purist gamers that don't want to install any mods to their RTS game.

Do you like to install mods to your RTS game?

After beating it or playing it till I get bored, I'll throw some mods on to refresh the gameplay or give it some new life.

I have been known to use mods on a game when I have grown tired of the game after a while and want to change things up a little but I wouldn't say it is something I do all of the time. I find mods can make the game more interesting if you get bored easily with it.

Well, not really, although I have installed some, but I prefer to play the game as it is, that is, as the developers designed it, there are other games of other genres where I don't care so much about implementing mods.

Well, I like to install mods and patches as it will enhance my gameplay experience. Mods usually introduce new units, technologies, maps, or even entire campaigns, therefore, you will have more content in your game.

Though have never used mods to play RTS games before but mods makes it a lot more fun to play, especially if you are playing it for the second or third time. It makes it look like you are playing a new game.

Back