• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Do you handle timing and pacing better?

Noobslayer

All warfare is based on deception
When we talk about pacing and timing in RTS games, we are simply discussing how to manage how fast we can gather resources, handle attacks and the speed of unit production. I feel effective pacing is all about being able to manage aggressive and defensive actions. Do you achieve this aim when you play RTS games?

If you don't actually get that aim achieved, it will only mean one thing and that's you're going lose and start all over again. This is why you have to do things right at all times, work with a good strategy to enhance your chances of winning.

When I'm starting a new strategy game. I usually save all my speed ups until I'm a higher level, and collect all the daily rewards. I also take advantage of a shield, save gems..etc.

When I'm starting a new strategy game. I usually save all my speed ups until I'm a higher level and collect all the daily rewards. I also take advantage of a shield, save gems..etc.

This is nice. Preparing and saving certain resources for when you will need them later in the game at a more difficult level has helped and will continue to be of help to many. This is why it is important to plan ahead whenever one begins to play a new strategy game.

Timing is very important in RTS games compared to TBS games. In TBS you can even pause the game and think of moves and strategies you want to make. But in RTS, if you don’t get the timing right you are at disadvantage.

To be honest when it comes to time management, I am very poor at this, but I believe RTS games would help me with more practice I should be able to be more compose even under pressure. I have a friend who plays RTS games, I never really understood why until now. These games have helped him, he is usually very composed even under pressure.

Back