• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Digital download or physical copy?

Physical or digital?

• Physical

• Digital

Results are only viewable after voting.

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
How do you buy your games? My PC doesn’t have a disc drive. This was a conscious decision as I only ever download games these days. What’s your preferred purchase option?

I miss physical games, but I'm almost exclusively a downloader these days. I think we're going to reach the point where there are no physical copies made.

Years ago, I used to always use physical copies of games as that was all we had. Now with digital being as popular as it is and it being more convenient not only to purchase but if you do not have a lot of space to store them, I much prefer digital now.

I tend to get OCD when something is a mess or I am unable to store something so that it is not cluttered anywhere so having the ability to digitally download games now is my preferred option and I am very happy about that.

I always go digital if I can just because I do not have to find the space to store the games as they are stored on my console or in the cloud.

It's all the way with digital download for me when it comes to how to get my video game now. The days for buying physical copies of games is over for me and I find it very difficult to manage them not to crack and start being jumpy when I'm playing.

I don't like digital copies of games, I rather have physical copies. For one thing I like seeing the games in my collection, and I know I can easily just pop in the disc or cartridge and play it whenever I want to. I rarely get digital copies, the only time I'll get a digital copy is if it's either digital only or I don't want to wait for a physical copy to come in the mail.

I now consider it some kind of stress to go for physical games. With just a few clicks online I can get it, so what’s the point. Having to go to the store, which might not be near is a lot of work to go through. So digital it is.

I have fallen in love with digital copies of games. I do not see any reason not to focus on that instead since it makes it easier for me to have more games on my gaming device. I think that physical copies of games are now a thing of the past for the majority of people.

I now consider it some kind of stress to go for physical games. With just a few clicks online I can get it, so what’s the point. Having to go to the store, which might not be near is a lot of work to go through. So digital it is.
Exactly! This is why I don't really fancy getting my games now in a physical copy. Come to think of it, it would even get me to worried about taking care of the game disc so it doesn't get damaged but with the digital copies, there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

I would prefer to have a physical copy of a game but enjoy having the ease of use in digital format. The latest games will be digital only, and we're already seeing that with the upcoming release of Hellblade 2.

Back