• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Cpt. MacTavish, Making my own RTS Game

Mac Tavish

Cpt. MacTavish
Hello people, I am MacTavish. I am a web developer and a gamer. I love strategy game the most!

After playing many RTS games, I found each of them lacking one thing or another. This prompted me to eventually start my own Project which is in early stages of development. I've almost completed the game design (what it will be, what it contains, features, mechanics, content etc.). I would love to show it to the public once some development progress is made.

A little about the game
It's set in modern era with focus on realistic mechanics. The game is designed in a way to put real world constraints on you. With that said, certain abstractions have been made to keep a fine line between realism and complexity. Realism is the main inspiration behind everything in game. As for Modern era theme, you can expect to see units based on real world military equipment. For example, you can expect to see Abrams, Bradley, Challenger, Leopard2, Humvee, JLTs, MRAPs etc..

The game focuses on supply lines and your units will need to refill ammunition. This poses a whole new set of constraints on what you can do and what you can't.

I hope this is enough of intro to get started, hoping to make some progress and share something tangible soon!

Favourite RTS Game
Stronghold Series for having a fine balance between military aspect & economic aspect.
First RTS Experience
Stronghold
Recent RTS Play
Stronghold, Rise of Nations, Rebel Inc
Top RTS Recommendations
Stronghold Series, Rise of Nations, Cold War Conflicts, Rebel Inc, Command & Conquer Series
G'Day. I know we have talked before, but just wanted to say it's great to see you on the boards, my man. Thanks for joining us.

Aye Commander! I am feeling at home and my spirit is feeling alive after long time! Can't wait for the community to grow!

Back