• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Console Showdown: What's Your All-Time Favorite Gaming Console? 🎮

Cedric

All warfare is based on deception
We've all had our fair share of experiences with different gaming consoles over the years. From the nostalgic echoes of the retro era to the high-tech wonders of the modern age, every console brings its unique flavor to the gaming world!

So, it’s time to talk favorites! Which gaming console holds a special place in your heart, and why? Whether it’s the unforgettable adventures, the groundbreaking graphics, or the sheer joy of gameplay, let’s discuss what makes your chosen console stand out! 🕹️

Here are some pointers to for the discussion:

1. Nostalgia Factor: Does your favorite console come from your childhood, filled with memorable gaming moments?
  2. Game Library: Is the variety and quality of games available a significant factor in your choice?
  3. User Experience: How important are the console's interface, controls, and overall user experience to you?
  4. Innovation: Does the console bring something new and groundbreaking to the table?

💬 Let’s Dive In:

• Share your favorite console and reminisce about the experiences that made it unforgettable.
  • Compare different eras: How does your retro favorite stack up against modern machines?
  • Discuss exclusives: Any games that are exclusive to your chosen console that make it a cut above the rest?
  • Debate with fellow gamers: Advocate for your favorite, and see how it compares to the choices of others.

💡 Discussion Questions:

• What specific features or games make your favorite console stand out?
  • How has your favorite console influenced your gaming journey and preferences?
  • Do you still play on your favorite, or have you moved on to newer models?
Eager to hear your thoughts. :)

Super Nintendo, probably. Mario Kart was one of the best multiplayer experiences.

Sega Genesis for sure! I've always liked it much better than the SNES, plus my favorite gaming franchise debut on the console. It was also the very first video game console I owned and played as well. My cousins had one and they brought it over to my grandparent's house. I played the very first Sonic game when I was 4 and the rest was history, I became a gamer at that point.

I have all 3 (Switch Xbox PS) I can't choose the one I like more. I have lost some interest in Xbox over the past few years. I am waiting for Fable but if they release it on PC I won't need an Xbox anymore. PlayStation has more games I like. and Switch of course has Zelda one of my all-time favorite games. As for the gaming library, I have more for the PlayStation. Mostly JRPGs (Anime fan of course) If I had to choose it would be PlayStation.I love the Final Fantasy series. and Kingdom Hearts Series.

Sega Genesis for sure! I've always liked it much better than the SNES,
I traded my Megadrive for a SNES. I didn't instantly regret it, but the regret wasn't far off!

Back