• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Classic Vs. Modern RTS Games?

Battlemind

Gets mad then gets over it
Do you play classic RTS games as well as modern RTS games? How do you think new technology has influenced the gameplay experience of classic RTS games compared to modern games? Do you think any features from classic RTS games are missing in today’s real-time strategy games, do you believe developers should bring back these features?

I play all but I guess I prefer older games as they're less complicated. Newer games can feel overwhelming a lot of the time. Older games have a simplicity that seems to be missing in newer games. It's almost as if new devs are trying to do too much on many occasions.

I like the classic and new RTS games more. However, my love for classic games originates from the treasured experiences of playing them. In addition, I like them better because of their straightforward and intuitive gameplay. Conversely, I find that newer RTS games have a higher learning curve. It makes it challenging to keep up with them. Sometimes, I will look for tutorials so I can play the new RTS games. I will check out some YouTube tutorials to help me play them. Hehe

I like the classic RTS games more, perhaps because I grew up with them and played for many hours as a child, but I have also tried many modern RTS games and I still like the classic ones more.

Back