• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Cities: Skylines 2

• Thread starter Thread starter Al
  • Start date Start date

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
If you check my steam stats you’ll see Cities: Skylines is my most played game with over (shamefully) 7000 hours.

The sequel, imaginatively named Cities: Skylines 2 was announced a couple of years ago and I’ve been waiting ages for release. I’ve only got a few more weeks to wait as Cities 2 drops on 24th October.

Anyone else going to pick it up? I just love the whole sandbox ‘build what you want’ aspect of games like this.

I forgot how close Cities Skylines 2 was to release. Honestly, I can't wait for it. I would spend hours on my city, lol

What has been your experience with the new game? For me, I find many of the updated features to be a welcomed addition. There is integrated electrical and water piping included within the roads. Technically you can still lay out new lines outside of the road but it's just something that you don't have to think too much about when planning out a new section of your city.

The graphical updates are cool but may limit many who play on a lower-powered computer. Had to drop everything to low quality to play. and only had aa few minutes or up to an hour before the game crashed or bluescreened my computer. Since the release, upgraded my computer except for the GPU. Even then, I can bump things up a few notches but still drop some graphical features that don't contribute to the gameplay itself.

The reviews for it have not been great, which is a crying shame considering how much I loved the first game. I'm hopeful for some improvements to performance through patches as time rolls on. I want to love Cities II but right now.... I just don't.

Back