• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Can You Play RTS Games on Handheld Consoles?

Battlemind

Gets mad then gets over it
Can you play real time strategy games on handheld, are they as enjoyable as on PC? Have you played RTS games on handheld. Which handheld consoles offer the best experience for RTS gaming? How does the performance of RTS games differ between handheld consoles and PC?

I tried it once, but I didn’t get the same gameplay experience as that of consoles and PC. The worst of them all is mobile, I just can’t. If I should choose, it will be consoles always.

I don't enjoy playing most of my RTS games on handheld devices for a couple of reasons. First of all, the touchscreen limitations can make performing some task to be very difficult, and I don't enjoy the full gameplay as a result of small screen size. I will always prefer playing most on my PC or gaming consoles whenever I could.

I have played some RTS games on a PSP before. It was hard, without a doubt. However, I like to play games on PC or PlayStation, and the PC is my first option for RTS games. Moving about and playing these RTS games with a keyboard and mouse is much easier. It gives me more control, particularly when setting up structures in the RTS game. In addition, I love it when I can customize controls based on my preferences. However, I do not get to play on PC often anymore because of my busy work schedule.

I have a windows laptop, but due to my work I don't really use it for gaming. I mostly use my smartphone for most of the games I play. If I can use my smartphone, I don't think I would have any issues using a handheld console.

Back