• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Can gaming help to reduce stress?

Kennysplash

Ready for deployment
Sometimes after a stressful day you might want to wind off by playing your favorite game. How do you feel in the process of playing and after?
I have discovered that it helps me feel relaxed and calm, and for a moment I forget about everything thing else that is a source of concern.

Gaming helps me to disconnect from the real world when I’m stressed, hence it makes me feel better.
Does it work for you?

I guess it depends on the type of game that you enjoy playing. Sometimes for me playing games like Cities Skylines or something similar is relaxing. Overwatch and the like just bring me to a point were frustration and anger are just too high.

I enjoy any type of game when it comes to winding down. But it does depend on how my day went at work. If I just want some quiet time usually a game like Minecraft or Ginsihin Impact. If I have had a bad day it's got to be GTA or COD.

Back