• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

C-3PO’s gold head from Star Wars goes up for sale

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
View attachment 106British actor Anthony Daniels, renowned for his portrayal of C-3PO in the iconic Star Wars franchise, has decided that 'it feels like it is time' to part ways with cherished items from his personal collection. Aged 77, Daniels is collaborating with Hertfordshire-based auctioneer Propstore to auction nearly 200 items, including costumes, props, and scripts, starting Thursday.

Among the standout items is the famous gold helmet worn by Daniels in the first Star Wars film in 1977, estimated to fetch up to £1 million. Expressing his excitement about the collection finding new homes, Daniels remarked, 'I realized I had these items, and they're not unloved but they are unlooked at - we don't have them crowding the sitting room.'

The collection encompasses various artifacts, from parts of the C-3PO costume to scripts used during production and even salvaged components of the Millennium Falcon, rescued from a bonfire at the back of Elstree Studios after the production of Return of the Jedi.

Daniels shared insights into the auction, mentioning that hand-annotated dubbing scripts for The Empire Strikes Back could potentially sell for over £1,000, offering a nostalgic trip back to the dubbing screen. Additionally, scraps of the Millennium Falcon could collectively sell for an estimated £9,000.

While parting with these items, Daniels remains sentimental about certain pieces, including a Lego brick statue of C-3PO and a C-3PO statuette designed to resemble an Oscar, both of which hold a special place in his home and won't be part of the auction.

Despite the significant auction, Daniels still retains memories and mementos from his Star Wars journey, emphasizing that the real memories are his to keep. Propstore will conduct the auction, featuring items like the C-3PO head, from Thursday at BAFTA's Piccadilly base in London. Daniels, who will be present at the auction, expressed his positive feelings and excitement about the event curated by Propstore, noting that the memories attached to these items are inherently invaluable. The auction is set to conclude on Sunday, with Saturday earmarked for the auctioning of most items from Daniels' extensive collection.

Can anyone loan me $1.22m? I'll pay you back. *promise*

Last edited:
Yikes ... that's expensive haha. I have never had more than like 2k in my account in my life. xD

If I could afford something from a movie or show I enjoy, I would. But most of those are wayyy out of my budget lol.

Back