• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Best RTS Games for Competitive Play - What's Your Top Pick?

Ini

All warfare is based on deception
I like playing games for competitive matches. My go-to games are classic like StarCraft II and Company of Heroes 3. I'm curious to really know what makes a game great for competitive play. Share your thoughts on this!.

StarCraft II is a game that requires skill, strategy, and quick reflexes. The competitive scene is really thriving, and it's amazing to watch the pros play.

Age of Empires 2 is definitely my jam. The historical setting is exactly what added a layer of depth to the gameplay. I see that the competitive scene is going stronger and the game has really been around long enough.

The best competitive RTS I have played and the one I liked the most is Starcraft, I played competitively for a few years and I really had a lot of fun, it is a fairly complete RTS.

Back