• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

RTS HQ B.A.R – Beyond All Reason Surpassing the Legacy In 2024

Articles from our main page.

Al

Howdy, I'm Al
Staff member
Website
rtshq.net
Legacy and nostalgia have become synonymous with modern-day real-time strategy games, whether it’s through remakes like the AOE series or the so-called reimagining seen in Company of Heroes 3. Despite technological advancements, many people seem unable to move on from the golden age of RTS. That’s not to say none have tried, they just haven’t been able to surpass the legacy of the classics. Or so was the case until the release of BAR – Beyond All Reason in 2019. A game that on launch seemed to just be another passion project like Zero-K. Has evolved into a beast of its own in 2024, that in many regards surpasses even the likes of Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation.

Personally, I haven't played the B.A.R game yet, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hardly have I seen any game that has gotten to the level of Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation, let alone surpass them.

The game's developer's are shooting themselves in the leg in two places. Not having the game available on Steam and also not fixing some of the frustrating bugs in the game. They need to sort both things out or the game isn't going pull in so many gamers.

Back