• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Are you more worried about naval or air threats?

The General

All warfare is based on deception
Combating both naval and air threats effectively in Supreme Commander is a big deal. If you don't do it right, you're going to see yourself beating and battered.

Between facing and batting naval or air threats in Supreme Commander, which one is more of a a big challenge you struggle with?

I found the naval threats to be more challenging to deal with in Supreme Commander. In most cases I get confused to detect and respond to naval attacks, especially if the enemy is with advanced units like submarines or battleships.

Air units are much easier to counter. You can have ground, naval and air counters to an enemy airforce. Navy is a little more complex. The only real counter to navy is another navy. @Blitz mentions subs and battleships. You can struggle against an enemy adept at naval warfare and navy can win wars. The long range of battleships and cruisers can pound bases. Air won't often win wars though, you know? Yes it's important but you're going to need ground units, naval units, experimentals or superweapons for victory.

Air units are much easier to counter. You can have ground, naval and air counters to an enemy airforce. Navy is a little more complex. The only real counter to navy is another navy. @Blitz mentions subs and battleships. You can struggle against an enemy adept at naval warfare and navy can win wars. The long range of battleships and cruisers can pound bases. Air won't often win wars though, you know? Yes it's important but you're going to need ground units, naval units, experimentals or superweapons for victory.
I totally agree with your submission. There is a need for a well-rounded strategy to win battles. I’d prefer to combine the ground, naval, and air units to strike the enemy. To make it more effective, adaptability will perfect the whole thing. What do you think?

Pretty much this, lots of ways to swat an airplane but few ways to sink a navy properly. Unless the other person has a far better navy or something crazy like that.

Back