• Welcome to the RTS HQ Community Hub. Join us to discuss your favourite real-time strategy games! Enjoy exclusive insights from indie devs, participate in tournaments, and explore discussion forums - all focused on real-time strategy. Register now and become part of a welcoming community built by RTS gamers, for RTS gamers.

Are movies too expensive?

R2-D2

Occasionally wets himself under pressure
Yes, no doubt they are in the US. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the cheapest experience is $40 for one person. Anyway, some try to get around this by sneaking in drinks and snacks, but I wouldn't do that cause of religious beliefs and ethical concerns.

If you asked, are movies value for money in todays modern age, I would say no way. In fact the poor quality of movies now days is a good reason to just download them.....

If you asked, are movies value for money in todays modern age, I would say no way. In fact the poor quality of movies now days is a good reason to just download them.....
How are they poor? Give me some ideas.

Poor story lines.. poor acting.. poor woke rubbish..

I mean I want to go to a movie and enjoy it and not be preached some political lesson..

If I decide to take my spouse for a movie night, I will have to spend at least $100 which includes ticket costs, snacks in the theatre, fuel charges and other expenses. Therefore, I do not go to movies too often. I like to use streaming platforms to watch movies, which does not cost much.

I try to be cool with how much that I spend on movies. There are times that I am not okay with spending more money just to see a movie. So, I will rather watch some movies at home. This is especially when the amount is more than $5 to see a movie at the cinema.

Movies like Star Wars are meant for the big screen, so it's worth the price. Nonetheless, though, you might be able to replicate a theater at home to some extent.

Back